People smoke but many men and some women are not aware of the effects of passive smoking on them. But there are many non-smokers especially children who suffer from many problems due to smoking. Given below are some of the effects of passive smoking on children:
1. Children are more vulnerable to cigarette smoke as they have faster breathing rates than adults and hence they inhale more smoke.
2. Children growing in smoky houses are more prone to respiratory diseases than those growing in smokeless atmosphere. Also symptoms like chest tightness, shortness of breath, wheezes, cough, etc are much severe in these children.
3. The learning abilities are also compromised in such children. Mathematics, reading, reasoning abilities, and logic are seen to be affected more.
4. The mental development in children staying in smoky houses is seen to be subnormal.
5. These children show interactive problems with their peers and school teachers.
6. A child who’s both parents smoke is seen to be more often absent from school due to respiratory illnesses than those children having habit-less parents.
7. Children with such parents are more prone to diseases like asthma, even if they are not born with this disease.
8. Some children even need ear draining due to the wax that has been accumulated due to passive smoking.
9. Such children have higher risk of developing lung cancer in adult life.
10. Parents who smoke usually give birth to low weight babies.
11. The baby has twice more risk of dying a cot death if the mother is a smoker than the baby whose mother doesn’t smoke.
12. Recovery time in children who are passive smokers is much longer in children from any illnesses.
4 effective ways to quit cigarette smoking:
Given below some of the effective ways to quit smoking:
• Find a reason to quit smoking other than your own health: Other reasons for giving up smoking can be for your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, children etc.
• Exercise a little each day: Running about a mile every day, doing about 30 sit-ups or push-ups may lessen to crave for cigarettes.
• Drink more and more water every day: Drinking lots of pure water can help quitting cigarette smoking. You should drink water until your urine is clear. This will also make you feel refreshed and more energized every day, thus you may not feel the need for cigarettes anymore.
• Chose alternatives: You can opt for alternatives like Smokeless Cigarettes, which are very good solution for making you quit the bad habit of smoking.
How smokeless cigarettes are safer than conventional cigarettes?
Smokeless Cigarettes are devices that are designed to look like conventional tobacco cigarettes. But instead of smoke, they emit a non-offensive, almost odorless vapor that only looks like smoke. They have no combustion and no flame, hence no risk of fire. Because of these features, Smokeless Cigarettes are accepted in many such places where conventional cigarettes are banned. Smokeless Cigarettes also provide you the sensational smoking experience at home.